Immigration And Naturalization Law

Reliable And Reputable Immigration Counsel

When your life and career opportunities are at stake, it is important to find a trustworthy lawyer. You need to know that the person you trust will not take advantage of your vulnerable position.

Based primarily in New Jersey and New York, Kim, Cho & Lim, LLC, has built a reputation for informed counsel and dedicated national and global representation. Our lawyers frequently resolve complex immigration issues for businesses and individuals. Whether you seek temporary or permanent entry to the U.S., we can review your options.

We Will Face Difficult Obstacles With You

Our immigration law services span a variety of legal matters for businesses and individuals located throughout the United States and overseas. This includes:

  • Employment-based immigration: When it comes to issues of employment law, we assist:
    • Multinational executives/managers
    • Outstanding professors/researchers
    • Advance degree holders
    • Exceptional ability in the sciences, arts or business
    • Professional workers
    • Skilled or unskilled workers
    • Religious workers
  • Self-petitioned immigration: We help make your immigration dreams come true and can assist with the following visa and waiver:
    • Extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics (EB-1)
    • National Interest Waiver (NIW)
  • Family-sponsored immigration: We assist family members trying to bring their loved ones to the U.S., such as:
    • Immediate relatives of a U.S. citizen including spouses, unmarried children under age 21, and parents
    • Spouses and unmarried children of lawful permanent resident
    • Unmarried children over age 21, married children of any age, and brothers and sisters of a U.S. citizen
    • Battered spouses or children of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident (VAWA)
    • A widow(er) of a U.S. citizen
    • Adopted children of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident
  • All types of non-immigrant visas: We can help if you are looking to be in the U.S. on a temporary basis. We assist with these non-immigrant visas:
    • B-1/B-2 (visitors)
    • E-1/E-2 (treaty traders/investors)
    • F-1 (students)
    • H-1B (specialty occupation)
    • H-1C (nurses)
    • H-3 (trainees)
    • I (media representatives)
    • J-1 (exchange visitors)
    • K-1 (fiancés of U.S. citizen)
    • L-1 (intra-company transferees)
    • M-1 (vocational students)
    • O-1 (aliens with extraordinary ability)
    • P-1/P-2/P-3 (athletes and entertainers)
    • R-1 (religious workers)
    • TN (Canadians or Mexican citizens)
    • U & T (victims of a criminal activity)
  • Citizenship and naturalization process: We can help you on your path to becoming a U.S. citizen or naturalized in the country.
  • Deportation defense: Facing deportation is a challenging time for all, but we can fight for your rights.
  • Waiver of grounds of inadmissibility: If you believe you have an inadmissible right to immigrate to and enter the U.S., we can help you receive a waiver.
  • Appeal: If your immigration case does not go your way, we have experience appealing decisions. We can file claims with or before the following organizations:
    • Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA)
    • Adminstrative Appeals Office (AAO)
    • Board of Alien Labor Certification Appeals (BALCA)

These matters can sometimes intersect with other legal issues, such as divorce, domestic abuse or employment cases. As a full-service law firm, we have the knowledge to help you when multiple important issues overlap.

We are compassionate when working with families who seek reunification in the U.S. and when advocating for victims of domestic violence who are looking to secure a green card.

Learn About Your Immigration Options

We know your goals and livelihood are extremely important to you, and we want to assure you that your case is equally important to us. No matter who or where you are, we will treat your case with respect. For an immigration consultation, email us or call KCL Immigration Department at 201-585-7409. We are bilingual in Korean and English.